For legacy installations (Outlook MSG Viewer v2.1 and below only), use these codes to configure different email clients or address books:
Email Client: Code
• Apple Mail: com.apple.mail
• Apple Address Book: com.apple.addressbook
• Microsoft Entourage: com.microsoft.entourage
• Microsoft Outlook for Mac: com.microsoft.outlook
• Mozilla Thunderbird: org.mozilla.thunderbird
• Postbox: com.postbox-inc.postbox
• TextEdit: com.apple.textedit
• None: Leave code area blank. With this setting, no email client will be launched after the conversion is complete.
See one that's not on the list? Submit a ticket, and we'll be glad to help you out.
Support for newer OS's (e.g., macOS 10.14 Mojave)
This version of MSG Viewer for Outlook is no longer supported; however, can run on macOS 10.14.
You may see a warning '"'OutlookMSG Viewer' wants access to control "System Events". Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in "System Events", and to perform actions within that app'. This is an expected request by the system since we use System Events to open the converted files in various email clients. Please click 'Allow' or the behavior may not be as expected. (If you accidentally clicked 'Don't Allow', go to 'Security & Privacy' > 'Privacy' in 'System Preferences' and check the box.